Monday, November 14, 2011

Quite a Week!

I have been away and have missed many of your posts so I thought I would let everyone know what has been going on.  My Mom has been very ill and was rushed by ambulance to Valley Regional Hospital, then on to the QEII in Halifax.  It was a scary week for us last week, but she is doing better now and showing improvement daily.  I have been staying with my brother in Halifax for the last week so I can be at the hospital with Mom. 

On top of all that, my best friend lost her husband last week in a tragic accident - my heart goes out to her and her family.  I wish I could be there with her....

And, I am anxiously awaiting the birth of my first grandchild and my niece is also expecting any day now.  So, I haven't done much of anything else.....hope to get home this week, hope to bring my Mom home this week too!

11 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers to you and yours, Roz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey doll....hope things get back to normal for you soon....thinking of you and look forward to catching up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Roz, that is quite a week! So glad your mom's doing better (we had a scare with my dad over thanksgiving, but he's doing better now too), and that's pretty exciting about your grandchild!!! That's just terrible news about your friend! Does she live near you? Hopefully you'll be able to comfort her soon. Big hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness you have a lot on your plate, a stressful time! Hope everything works out ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad your Mom is doing better!!! and I am so sorry for your friend and her family. Hopefully you can spend some time with her soon!! So much going on but you must be excitably waiting on that baby!!! Take care and don't wear yourself out!!

    Big Hugs!!!!
    Jenn (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear about your rough patch right now. I am happy that your mom is doing better and she will be home soon. Congrats on your new little ones (coming very soon), but I hope that you are soon able to take some time for your self.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Roz,

    Just catching up on my blogging and I'm so glad your mom's doing better!! I hope everything went well with the arrival of your little ones! I just read Kim's blog and I am heartbroken for her. I hope you get to spend sometime with her soon!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Roz... so sorry to hear about all this going on for you right now. I'm actually still on hiatus myself, but had a few minutes to catch up. I hope you mom has fully recovered by now, and that you are enjoying the new little ones. My heart goes out to your friend on her tragic loss. May you be a source of comfort to her. Take care of yourself as everybody needs you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...what a week you had. I hope your mom is better and that life has settled down a little for you!! Hugs from chilly Manitoba!! Miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Roz I know that you are still MIA for a bit but I wanted you to know that I was thinking of you. Hugs Tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Roz just checking in on you! I hope everything is okay...thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!