Thursday, February 23, 2012

2012 Challenge, Layout # 3

OK, so I am a little late joining in this year but I do want to take part in our annual challenge.  I love our blogging community and it was so nice to check in on everyone's blogs and read your comments left here as well.  I am going to challenge myself to do at least 52 layouts and 52 cards this year.  Right now that seems like a manageble number, but last year I came no where near this same goal!  Let's hope this year is more productive!  This layout was a sketch challenge from My Stamping Studio in Windsor, NS (thanks for the push Kelly) and if you check out her blog, you will see all the fabulous entries.  You will also see that I won a gift certificate for participating in the challenge - woot!! 

The sketch that we were required to use was from Page Maps.  I used CTMH colonial white cardstock for my base, which I spritzed with Green Apple Glimmermist and inked the edges with CTMH Chocolate ink.  The papers are from a 6 x 6 Basic Gray Marjolaine pad and the large flower base is from a die cut package from the same line.  I added a paper flower glimmer misted to match the base paper, a brown flower and brad for the center from my stash.  The vinyl lacy border is from K&Company and I must say, the adhesive back did not stick very well...won't be buying them again.  I also used one of CTMH's Kraft Colour-ready Borders and inked it to match the misting.  I hand cut the banners and then used a CTMH marker in Chocolate to add the faux stitching on all the edges of the papers.  I added a couple CTMH Mocha Opaques and the felt letters in the title are from Thickers.  The ribbon stapled at the top left was from my stash.  
Until next time......

6 comments:

  1. Roz your layout is stunning!!!! It's no wonder you won the challenge. Thanks for all your kind words left on my blog. I am so glad you are back this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!!! Your page is beautiful Roz!! Everything about it is perfect (: I love that lace border (even if it was a pain in your butt) and the little banner with the faux stitching (: Great pics of you and your hubby too (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Roz! Your LO is fabulous! Love you colors! I missed you...but I am so happy to hear that your Mom is doing better and is staying with you for the next while! Have fun and enjoy this special time with her!
    x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors of your layout Roz just stunning. I love the flow of it as well. So pretty! So happy to have you back girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Roz, don't know how I missed this layout, but it's absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the colours, the patterned paper, the die cut border, the banner, etc. etc. I forgot to add you to my 2012 list, must go do that right now! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!