Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April Brae-er's Blog Hop

Welcome to our Blog Hop featuring CTMH consultants who belong to the Brae-er's team ..... We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see. Thank you… now on to our hop!

If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you get lost you can find your way by going to Brae's blog at http://thebrae-er.blogspot.com for a full list of participants. If you came from Lisa Elliot's Blog then you are in the right place!

This month, we are focusing on techniques and I have chosen to do the "Chalkboard" technique. I don't know about you, but I've been seeing this everywhere on the web lately and I love the look. Here's the card that I made using this technique:

 
This technique is really quite easy, you start by stamping with Versamark on black cardstock, then heat emboss with white daisy embossing powder.  Then, ink up your stamp again, this time with White Daisy pigment ink, and stamp over your embossed image, offsetting it slightly to create a shadow. 

 
I also inked the edges of my cardstock with the White Daisy ink to complete the look.  Papers used are from the "For Always" paper pack, added a little Blush cardstock, a couple of Licorice Opaques, and the pink ball ribbon is retired CTMH. 
 

Your next stop on the hop is Heather Steeves' blog.  Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to create your own projects using some of the designs and paper seen along the way. Join us again in next month when we will be featuring a "Pinterest inspired" hop!
 

6 comments:

  1. Had a great time at your Cardmaking Club night. Can't wait for my next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out fabulous. I haven't tried the Chalk technique, guess I need to now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card! love the black and white with a touch of colour! very cool technique too... haven't tried this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roslynd, I love your card and you have inspired me to try this technique. I have not done this yet and will try it very soon. Thanks for showing us how!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just learned this technique a few months ago and I love the result!! This stamp set is perfect for it too!!! Beautiful card Roz!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!